Fall

Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Family Halloween

This year we went all out for Halloween - and it was a blast. Friday, together with Melanie, Amir and Brian, we went to the Markoff Haunted Forest in Maryland. It was scary - at least for me. Walking through a forest in the dark with spooky people dressed in weird outfits grabbing your legs and arms and a chain saw sound in the background.... Well, I had my head buried on Jason's vest most of the time, but I HEARD a lot of scary things. Everyone enjoyed cupcakes and spiked apple cider before and after, to settle us down a bit:).

Saturday, after giving out candy to a few groups of really cute kiddies in the neighborhood, we dressed up as the Stimulus Plan (of course it had to be political!) and went out to Arlington with Mel, Amir and Mark.


The big surprise for me was how MANY people came out despite the cold and rain. Clarendon Ballroom had at least 200 people in line!! So we gave up on that and went to Mister Days, which was really fun. We ended the night with Wendy's. That's what I call a perfect day!

Here's to a Happy and Sweet Halloween!