Fall

Leelou Blogs

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A New Level of Organization

This morning I watched a video on CNN.com about Leslie C., who has planned her family's dinners for the whole year. EVERY NIGHT FOR A YEAR! I call that impressive. Not only has she been saving money on groceries, eating out less, but she also doesn't feel the panic that comes across women around 4 pm when they are trying to figure out what to feed the family for dinner.

This made me think about my own habits and I realized that I am not as organized in my meal planning as I would like to be. For the past two weeks we have been eating salads every night in an effort to lose a few holiday pounds. But regularly, I like to keep things a bit more diverse.

So, I am embarking on renewed effort to be more organized in this part of my life. Starting today, I will plan meals 1 week in advance. And since I usually shop on the weekends, I will make my lists/plan on Thur/Fri for the week ahead.

Sunday night:
Home made everything pizza and salad

Monday
Broiled fish with lemon/onion/tomatoe topping and veggie medley

Tuesday
Asian chicken with red peppers and onions
Rice
Salad

Wednesday
Leftovers as burittos
Salad

Thursday
Slow cooked pulled pork sandwiches with pickels

Friday
Leftover pulled pork over rice and veggie medley

Saturday
Friends dinner out

Here's to hoping that it sticks!!